Financial Capability – N.O.W. Program Assistant
N.O.W. Program Outcomes Framework
The Grove Park Foundation’s N.O.W. Program (Neighborhood Opportunities for Wealth}, is an economic mobility and affordable housing initiative of the Grove Park Financial Capability Partnership (‘Partnership”) launched in October 2019. The Partnership is comprised of experienced organizations dedicated to the mission of investing in the lives of individuals and families that live and work in the Grove Park neighborhood and other surrounding neighborhoods in 30318. The program will also serve residents who in the 30314 neighborhoods of Hunter Hills, West Lake, Dixie Hills, and Collier Heights.
Result 1: Grove Park and NW ATL corridor residents achieve financial health Result 2: Grove Park and NW ATL corridor neighborhoods achieve community wealth Result 3: Grove Park and NW ATL corridor live in stable, safe, and affordable communities
The Program Assistant will be charged with supporting the Grove Park Financial Capability Partnership strategies and the integration of financial capability and the expansion of community partnerships in support of the foundation economic development initiatives.
The position will help facilitate the Grove Park Financial Capability Partnership, a vehicle to move partners to high action and high alignment in service to Grove Park and other NW ATL residents and will provide support to residents regarding the program services listed below.
7 Core NOW Program objectives:
1. Financial Literacy Education and Credit Building
2. Affordable Housing Eligibility and Connectivity
3. Job Training and Placement
4. Micro Enterprise Capacity Building, New Entrepreneurship and Financing 5. Wrap Around Services: Records Expungement, GED, Driver’s License Recovery, Child Support Services
6. Banking Partner Asset Accounts and Loans
7. Deployment of Asset and Wealth Building Resources
The program assistant will also help residents and participants gain access to safe and affordable financial products and services including:
• Free tax prep assistance
• Access to federal and state benefits
• Incentivized saving programs
• Asset ownership programs
General Duties: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned. • Support program intake, planning, and implementation
• Support the N.O.W. Partnership of services
• Provide data entry, data collection and administrative support to the Program • Participate in trainings, events, program and planning of activities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate with and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents (homeowners and renters) participants, and other employees.
• Ability to complete complex and detailed tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to plan and prioritize duties.
• Ability to work independently, performing relatively complex work in an accurate and timely manner without close supervision.
• Ability to exercise good judgment.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to handle large caseloads and high volume of work in a busy, fast paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task handling several tasks at once, anticipating and identifying problems and putting forward solutions.
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions without a loss of efficiency/productivity or accuracy.
• Attention to detail in all aspect of work.
• Experience with and/or understanding of diverse cultures and populations. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to master other software programs; ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities
• Ability to collaborate with others, build consensus and make group decisions
Salary & Benefits
(This is an exempt position)
Salary: $15 hourly with no benefits.
Please see website: http://groveparkfoundation.org/
To Apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Grove Park Foundation
1566 Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30318